The annual LDA Ball is held in honour of LDA's beloved dance students and is a tribute to the passion and effort they have put into both LDA and Latin Dance culture in Sydney throughout the year.
What is the annual LDA Ball?
The Ball was created to showcase the many talents of our students whom we have seen grow over the years in skill and passion for the many different styles of Latin dance.
In tribute hard work and talent, our instructors choreograph specific routines in different dance styles and levels which are then taught to our students so they can perform and be the STARS of the night.
In 2011 we had our 11th LDA Ball at the Sydney Olympic Park. There were over 200 performers and over 1000 attendees who witnessed an amazing night of dance performances by their family and friends.
When is the Ball?
Courses: From Friday 14th June
Event: Saturday 31st August 2013
Where is the Ball?
Performance Courses: Held at Latin Dance Australia – Glebe, NSW
Event Location: NIDA Theatre
The 13th annual LDA BALL 2013
Date: Saturday 31st August
Theme of the evening: Where's Wally?
Dress Code: In accordance with such important nights, attire for the event is semi formal.
Doors open: TBC
Show time: TBC
• Over 18 Spectacular shows performed by the LDA students in dance styles such as Salsa, Bachata, Samba, Zouk/Lambada, Reggaeton, Ladies and Men’s Styling, Bachatango, etc…
Party Time: Till 2am!
After the show, we will have a big party that will rock your socks off spoiled by Sydney’s best DJs and dancers. For sure an "unmissable" evening.
Tickets Pricing and How to Buy- Info will be released in July
1) At LDA Studio (Cash/Eftpos/Master/Visa accepted)
2) Over the phone (Master/Visa) - Call us on 1300 135 257
3) LDA Online:
Note: 2.2% surchage applies for Master/Visa purchases
Why should you be part of this event?
1) Fast track and Improve your dancing skill.
The Performer Program class requires teamwork, dedication, patience and
effort from all involved. During the classes, the students will receive
intense group and personal attention from the instructors to ensure that
they focus on specific areas requiring improvement. Important skills
will be taught in a more detailed fashion. These includes:
Posture - Stage Projection – Expression – Balance – Sharpness - Memorization & Lines
This is a great chance for you to improve your dance style and technique dramatically, whilst also learning essential performance skills, designed to make you stand out whether on the stage or on the dance floor.
2) Have the opportunity to perform with a huge Production and show off to your friends, family and in many future events as: Sydney Latin Festival, Sydney Bachata Festival, Fiesta, Brazilian Day, Championships, LDA Parties, , Australian Dance Festival, South American Festival, Latin Clubs, Canberra Festival, plus numerous other opportunities.
3) Make new friends and socialize not only on the dancefloor but also in all the fun around the studio.
How to be part of this event?
Any person learning from beginners to advanced levels in any Latin Dance style can be part of it.
A student may choose to perform in as much choreographies as they wish in accordance to their level and availability. All you have to do is to make the difficult choice of selecting the choreography(ies) you would like to be part of.
Each of the 'Performance classes' will run as 14 classes courses, once a week with duration of 1 hour and 15 minutes each until the students are ready to perform. Should the Performer Program take more than the stated classes to master, a fee per class will apply thereafter for subsequent classes.
How to enrol?
1) Choose which choreography(ies) you would like to be part of:
By phone – All credit cards acceptedIn person – Cash, credit card or eftpos acceptedOnline - To be updated - www.latindance.com.au/ldaonline
All packages include:
- 15 Hours Courses (1h30min x 10 weeks)- FREE entry at the Ball
- FREE Access to Online Digital Photos and Videos of your choreography
- Certificate of participation – Upon request
Deposit or Full payment:
50% or 100% when booking (Bookings cannot be made without a deposit)Balance (if paying in 2 installments): Due on 10th June.
Important: Please read full conditions for payments, credits, late fees and others: Click here
The investment put into the costumes will be around $100 not including dancing shoes. All the relevant information regarding costumes, colours and dress maker will be given to you from the 4th week of the course.
CHECK OUT VIDEOS FROM PREVIOUS YEARS: VIDEOS LDA BALL 2012